Requirements for Local guides
All requirement are listed below
Above all, what does a Guide mean?
To Become a Congo Guide, note that a tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) is a person who provides assistance, information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized tours and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites, museums, and at venues of other significant interest, attractions sites.
Check how to prepare your itinerary here
To begin with, Congo Local Guides Sarl (CLG) is a Limited Liability Company created in 2014. The main objective is to provide tourists with a memorable immersion in Congo local life. Besides, traveling inside Congo can sometimes be extremely challenging. Accordingly, CLG Team work to ensure tourists safety and aligns itself as the main advisor during the whole trip plan process. As evidence, CLG has guided a large number of satisfied tourists from worldwide, as evidence of TripAdvisorReviews.
In short, Our core mission is to grow and cover all D.R.Congo cities and villages. However, this dream can not be solely achieved. We need you to join the largest network of Congo Guides. Hence, CLG is continuously recruiting guides from everywhere in Congo to join the team. No deadline.
Check also a local guide training course
Do you have an interest in tourism? Do you have a passion of making new friend? Are you excited to hang out with tourists? Have you identified a destination, cultural event, or local activities in your city or your village? Do you have experience in wildlife, national parks, reserves and mountains tours? We know the answer is YES, join us and be part of youth engaged in promoting Congo as the regional tourist destination.
To Become a Congo Guide, you have to:
- Show a high motivation about tourism and hospitality;
- Show ability to work independently, you will be your own boss. Subsequently, CLG will only offer you a space but is not reliable in any case on how you manage your business. However, when selecting local guide we ensure they’re trustworthy. By the way, if it arrives to have negative reviews, your destination will immediately be removed from our website;
- Be open mind and with adaptive skills;
- Innovative skills;
- Regularly be providing information (text and high-quality photos) about your business, but it is CLG team responsibility to regularly update your space in the system;
- Be able to speak your local language, French and an intermediate level of English is required;
- Contribute to the expansion of CLG image in DRC and across Africa and the world;
- Commit to promote ecotourism and cultural tourism;
- Working as a local guide does not require full-time availability. Therefore, CLG expects you to always be available when a tour has been booked;
- Defend and actively participate in promotion of CLG vision which is to make DRC the best destination in local guiding tourism in Africa, with a high focus on cultural tourism;
- Hold a registered business in tourism industry or an experience is an advantage. If no previous experience, you must describe why you think you’re good in local guiding. Eventually with your career perspectives;
- Be willing to sign a contract with Congo Local Guides.
What we offer you for free
Advantages of working with CLG sarl
- CLG is an officially registered company. Thus, we will provide you an ID and all documents you need to operate;
- Our website has thousands of tourists who visit it every single day. Therefore, we’re in charge of advertising your business;
- Introducing you to our partners across D.R.Congo, Africa and worldwide;
- A recommendation letter for other opportunities;
- A coaching in local guiding;
- Attend to all our annual activities organized across the country;
- Possibility to join CLG Team as employee.
Before applying, you have to read and accept the conditions above.
Note: To become a Congo Guide, fill in the form at the bottom of this page. Provide your phone number, email and names. In the space more information, tell us about where you live (Province+City/village), your motivation, the destination or activity you are offering or need to create, preferably with an literary or what include your tour. In particular, you are kindly advised to keep your text between 200 and 300 words. Finally, send us two to three high quality pictures that represents your destination or activities through this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the large number of applications we always receive, the Channel Manager will reach you out within a month if your application meets our requirements. Applications can be in French or English.